GrindWorld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GrindWorld

A forum dedicated to the Jet Set Radio/Jet Grind Radio, Jet Set Radio Future, and The World Ends With You. A celebration of video games, art, music, and self-expression, with a whole lotta Tokyo thrown in.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Largest Collection Of Jet Set Radio/World Ends With You Style Music On L'Interwebs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SelMelvins

SelMelvins

The Largest Collection Of Jet Set Radio/World Ends With You Style Music On L'Interwebs Empty
PostSubject: The Largest Collection Of Jet Set Radio/World Ends With You Style Music On L'Interwebs   The Largest Collection Of Jet Set Radio/World Ends With You Style Music On L'Interwebs I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 10:03 pm

In response to a recent post, I've decided to dedicate an entire thread to discussing the Grind Fiction OST. Anyone else who'd like to add related songs can.
UPDATE: This is now officially the largest collection of songs/tracks in the vein of Jet Set Radio, Jet Set Radio Future, and The World Ends With You (with tinges of FLCL thrown in) known to exist.
Now at 50 and growing.

I'd like to start with these.

The Prodigy: Stand Up. (The track that got me interested in doing this thread in the first place; this just screams Hideki Naganuma to me)

Fatboy Slim: Right Here Right Now

The Prodigy: Breathe

Daft Punk: Derezzed

Gorillaz: 68 State

Gorillaz: M1A1

The Pillows: Carnival

The Prodigy: Medusa's Path

Last edited by SelMelvins on Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:37 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
SelMelvins

SelMelvins

The Largest Collection Of Jet Set Radio/World Ends With You Style Music On L'Interwebs Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Largest Collection Of Jet Set Radio/World Ends With You Style Music On L'Interwebs   The Largest Collection Of Jet Set Radio/World Ends With You Style Music On L'Interwebs I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 10:13 pm

Storytelling Hip Hop Instrumental

"Feel Good" Soul Hip Hop Instrumental

Original Piano Hip Hop Instrumental

The World Ends With You OST: Shibuya. This is what the above videos are closest to.

Durarara!! OST: He's Such A Coward that He Can Laugh. This is also very close to 'Shibuya.'

Radiohead: Packt Like Sardines in a Crushd Tin Box

Daft Punk: Robot Rock

Last edited by Sky Hedgehogian Maestro on Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZeroBeat DeMaine

ZeroBeat DeMaine

PostSubject: Re: The Largest Collection Of Jet Set Radio/World Ends With You Style Music On L'Interwebs   The Largest Collection Of Jet Set Radio/World Ends With You Style Music On L'Interwebs I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 10:19 pm

My favorites are Stand Up, Right Here Right Now, and Medusa's Path. The Prodigy and Fatboy Slim always kickass and they have more than a few songs I feel could be in Jet set radio/the world ends with you
But you hooked me with that radiohead jam.
This forum just keeps getting better and better lol!
Back to top Go down
GnommishReader
GnommishReader

PostSubject: Re: The Largest Collection Of Jet Set Radio/World Ends With You Style Music On L'Interwebs   The Largest Collection Of Jet Set Radio/World Ends With You Style Music On L'Interwebs I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 12:01 pm

Oh my you lot have been busy. And by busy I mean 'woah thats a lot of videos'. Interesting choices you have there!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gnommishreader.tumblr.com
ZeroBeat DeMaine

ZeroBeat DeMaine

PostSubject: Re: The Largest Collection Of Jet Set Radio/World Ends With You Style Music On L'Interwebs   The Largest Collection Of Jet Set Radio/World Ends With You Style Music On L'Interwebs I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 2:00 pm

GnommishReader wrote:
Oh my you lot have been busy. And by busy I mean 'woah thats a lot of videos'. Interesting choices you have there!
Sky Hedgehogian Maestro wrote:
If you read "Animemo: Summary of GrindWorld", you'd see just how busy Tzat and I have been.

I was in a rush when typing this lol it almost sounded as if I said it.

Last edited by ZeroBeat DeMaine on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SelMelvins

SelMelvins

PostSubject: Re: The Largest Collection Of Jet Set Radio/World Ends With You Style Music On L'Interwebs   The Largest Collection Of Jet Set Radio/World Ends With You Style Music On L'Interwebs I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 6:55 pm

ZeroBeat DeMaine wrote:
GnommishReader wrote:
If you read "Animemo: Summary of GrindWorld", you'd see just how busy Tzat and I have been.

Yeah, because you and Tzat are so close. And you made animemo..
Edit: About time.

Last edited by Sky Hedgehogian Maestro on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ZeroBeat DeMaine

ZeroBeat DeMaine

PostSubject: Re: The Largest Collection Of Jet Set Radio/World Ends With You Style Music On L'Interwebs   The Largest Collection Of Jet Set Radio/World Ends With You Style Music On L'Interwebs I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 6:58 pm

Sky Hedgehogian Maestro wrote:
ZeroBeat DeMaine wrote:
GnommishReader wrote:

Glad you agree.

So please tell me you're coming out with a new Freejazz Theta chapter....
Back to top Go down
SelMelvins

SelMelvins

PostSubject: Re: The Largest Collection Of Jet Set Radio/World Ends With You Style Music On L'Interwebs   The Largest Collection Of Jet Set Radio/World Ends With You Style Music On L'Interwebs I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 7:00 pm

ZeroBeat DeMaine wrote:

So please tell me you're coming out with a new Freejazz Theta chapter....

IDK. I'm writing two other stories, one of 'em, like, ten times more animemo than Freejazz. On top of that, I'm considering several others.
Take it to the animemo thread anyway.
Back to top Go down
SelMelvins

SelMelvins

PostSubject: Re: The Largest Collection Of Jet Set Radio/World Ends With You Style Music On L'Interwebs   The Largest Collection Of Jet Set Radio/World Ends With You Style Music On L'Interwebs I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 12:49 pm

Okay, for some more stuff...

Chemical Bros.: Galvanize
Perfect for any JSR game. The synths on this are deep, very deep.

Adam Freeland: Mind Killer
Sounds like it could be the theme to the next Jet Set Radio.

Stereocool vs Fais: The Funktotum
JSRF to the max.

Plumtree: Scott Pilgrim.
Vs. The World anyone? At the same time, carries an intense Fooly Cooly swagger.

Uplifting Hip Hop Instrumental

Instrumental Hip Hop Piano Underground Rap Sample ** Nechroma **

These all give off that "SHIBUYA" feel. You know, SHIBUYA? That "stoic piano hip hop" song? 

Los Ovnis- Infinito

What the **** is this?! I know, I know, '60s Latino acid rock probably isn't the first thing you think of when you think about Jet Set Radio/World Ends With You music... but listen to it. You'd realize that it's not that out there at all...

Jamiroquai- Canned Heat

This one beat me to the punch with its own brand of JSRF-goodness...

Gold Lion- The Yeah Yeah Yeahs

I dunno, this one's more Grind Fiction in general than Jet Set Radio. But it still has that feel...

Battlesong- Deltron 3030

Positive Contact- Deltron 3030

Dual pieces from cyber-dystopian hip hop act, Deltron 3030 (you might have heard of Del from early Gorillaz fame...)

Very Ape- Nirvana

With an off kilter beat and grungy guitars (what did you expect?), definitely pulls off that Pillows vibe.

Song And Dance- Peggy Sue

This is the kind of low-down alternative femrock song you'd expect to hear when you're an emo with headphones walking through Shibuya

Turtle Back Rider- Radio Moscow

Nothing says Grind Fiction with a Vespa like high-energy psychedelic blues rock. I actually came up with an idea similar in premise to FLCL just listening to the first chords of this. 

Steve McQueen- M83

Electro-disco from 2012. Yes, it's worthy of JSR.

Saturate- Chemical Brothers

My only beef with this song is that it sounds like it's going to devolve into something epic, but kinda wimps off until that fantastic bridge down the line. Otherwise, JSR worthy.

Tokyo Rush- Trance

Trance with a heavy beat going on. Worthy of either TWEWY or JSRF.

Last edited by SelMelvins on Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SelMelvins

SelMelvins

PostSubject: Re: The Largest Collection Of Jet Set Radio/World Ends With You Style Music On L'Interwebs   The Largest Collection Of Jet Set Radio/World Ends With You Style Music On L'Interwebs I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 1:16 pm

GnommishReader wrote:

Don't worry, I'm adding more as time goes on. The forum needs some activity, after all. There doesn't seem to be any real collection of JSRF/TWEWY esque music anywhere  else (most of those that try descend into "OMGz I LUUUV those games [insert song]was AWSUM!!!") so why not start a bank here?

On that friggin' subject...

Parov Stelar: Catgroove

Caravan Palace: Je M'amuse

Bitfunk: It Ain't Easy

The Death Set: They Come To Get Us

The Death Set: Chew It Like A Gun Gum

Haywyre: Raw Crunch

Parov Stelar: Fleur De Lille

The Prodigy: Piranha

Just discovered electro-swing and French EDM. Surprising how much of it sounds appropriate for a Japanese game.

Last edited by SelMelvins on Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
thapoint09

PostSubject: Re: The Largest Collection Of Jet Set Radio/World Ends With You Style Music On L'Interwebs   The Largest Collection Of Jet Set Radio/World Ends With You Style Music On L'Interwebs I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 1:08 pm

Worthy of JSRF IMO.

This one sounds like "That's Enough".

Reminds me of Shibuya at night.

Of course, the game would have to be rated M, but still.

And "Get It Together" by the Beastie Boys (the original, not the remix which I can never find on youtube).
Back to top Go down
SelMelvins

SelMelvins

PostSubject: Re: The Largest Collection Of Jet Set Radio/World Ends With You Style Music On L'Interwebs   The Largest Collection Of Jet Set Radio/World Ends With You Style Music On L'Interwebs I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 1:33 pm

Aw, dude NICE! Very Happy afro

The Death Set: I Miss You Beua Velasco

Rage Against The Machine: Renegades of Funk. Never mind that there's already a Jet Set Radio AMV with this song, but this band- more than any other- jives with the general anti-capitalist sentiment present in the Jet Set Radio/World Ends With You series. And the song kicks ass and is as funky as all hell.

Ollie King OST: Something Jazzy For Your Mind.

Chase & Status: No Problem

Shameboy: Strobot (Netsky Remix)

Khamis Mason: You Had Me At Cute

Dilemmachine & TonyTone: Here I Come

Alan: Over the Clouds
Okay, look, when I first heard this, the first thing I ever thought was "Epic scene in The World Ends With You. Perhaps even the new opening."
Back to top Go down
SelMelvins

SelMelvins

PostSubject: Re: The Largest Collection Of Jet Set Radio/World Ends With You Style Music On L'Interwebs   The Largest Collection Of Jet Set Radio/World Ends With You Style Music On L'Interwebs I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 5:08 pm

Electric Youth: The Best Thing

Seriously, this should be in the next The World Ends With You Game. It easily replicates the feeling of Deja Vu (though I still like that song more).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Largest Collection Of Jet Set Radio/World Ends With You Style Music On L'Interwebs   The Largest Collection Of Jet Set Radio/World Ends With You Style Music On L'Interwebs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Largest Collection Of Jet Set Radio/World Ends With You Style Music On L'Interwebs
Page 1 of 1