GrindWorld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GrindWorld

A forum dedicated to the Jet Set Radio/Jet Grind Radio, Jet Set Radio Future, and The World Ends With You. A celebration of video games, art, music, and self-expression, with a whole lotta Tokyo thrown in.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Jet Set Radio Discussion Topic

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GnommishReader
GnommishReader

The Jet Set Radio Discussion Topic Empty
PostSubject: The Jet Set Radio Discussion Topic   The Jet Set Radio Discussion Topic I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 5:15 pm

Okay, I had to google this game.

And it looks kinda awesome.
Anyone want to gush over it and perhaps get the rest of us into it? :3
Back to top Go down
http://www.gnommishreader.tumblr.com
Tzatziki Bongwater

Tzatziki Bongwater

PostSubject: Re: The Jet Set Radio Discussion Topic   The Jet Set Radio Discussion Topic I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 9:20 pm

GnommishReader wrote:

It's better to play it.
Back to top Go down
SelMelvins

SelMelvins

PostSubject: Re: The Jet Set Radio Discussion Topic   The Jet Set Radio Discussion Topic I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 9:42 pm

A couple years back, I had fun pretending that I was a Player in a Reapers game, and that collecting Graffiti Souls in an area was the equivalent to completing a mission.
I almost wrote a fanfic to that. I don't know why I never followed up on it; it's beast.
Back to top Go down
GnommishReader
GnommishReader

PostSubject: Re: The Jet Set Radio Discussion Topic   The Jet Set Radio Discussion Topic I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 12:12 pm

Tzatziki Bongwater wrote:
GnommishReader wrote:

It's better to play it.

And on the off chance I actually cannot physically play it?

Sky Hedgehogian Maestro wrote:
A couple years back, I had fun pretending that I was a Player in a Reapers game, and that collecting Graffiti Souls in an area was the equivalent to completing a mission.
I almost wrote a fanfic to that. I don't know why I never followed up on it; it's beast.

Well, there's never not a good time to start writing an idea down. Write it now maybe? :3
Back to top Go down
http://www.gnommishreader.tumblr.com
ZeroBeat DeMaine

ZeroBeat DeMaine

PostSubject: Re: The Jet Set Radio Discussion Topic   The Jet Set Radio Discussion Topic I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 1:49 pm

GnommishReader wrote:
GnommishReader wrote:

It's better to play it.

Well, there's never not a good time to start writing an idea down. Write it now maybe? :3

1- I WAS going to say something but just go read over that animemo thing The Sky Hedgehogian Maestro posted and imagine it like 10x more awesome than the most awesomeness game you've ever played. It's also veryy smooth for a game release in 2002- most games from that era (and many today) just feel like if you tap forward, your character charge 50 miles in two seconds and the animations are all blocky. In Jet Set Radio/Future, for decades old games, they feel smoother than most other games out there.
2- OMG If its anything like freejazz theta WRIIIITE!!!
Back to top Go down
SelMelvins

SelMelvins

PostSubject: Re: The Jet Set Radio Discussion Topic   The Jet Set Radio Discussion Topic I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 4:38 pm

GnommishReader wrote:

A few solutions to a few problems....

1- You have an Xbox/360. In that case, just order the game off le interwebs.
2- You have neither an Xbox nor a 360; if then order an Xbox off Amazon. I'm serious, a complete classic Xbox is just about 25-40 bucks, and Jet Set Radio Future might go for $1 to maybe $10.
3- You have a 360- then just order the game off the internet. You might need to get an update (either log on to Xbox Live or order the update; the update's free of charge from Microsoft), but the game will play on it.
4- Emulate it. Illegal, however, but then again, Jet Set Radio is all about illegal activity. Although, it is a tad funner, or at least safer, to do in a game than real life, I suppose.

GnommishReader wrote:
Considering the animemo projects, I just might. However, it's gonna hafta contend with Teknopathe_tik and Black Sabbath for my animemo attention. Still, though, not in the can yet, so maybe I will try it soon. Maybe in college; it's only a few months from now.

It's better to play it.

I will vouch for this, although I fondly remember a time during 2008, a period of time for about a few months before I got the game, that I was obsessed with what it might be like, because I remembered that I played the game when I was little, back in 2003, and had to go with fuzzy memories of it.
I had Sonic Rush and Rush Adventure- their soundtrack at least, as well as some funky and techno songs, and I just had a blast wondering funkariffic and cyberpunk it would be. I wasn't disappointed, but I liked my imagination-editted memories of it better, it turns out. Felt that there was more the game could've done, could've been...
Thus began animemo!
And happy new year to all.
Back to top Go down
SelMelvins

SelMelvins

PostSubject: Re: The Jet Set Radio Discussion Topic   The Jet Set Radio Discussion Topic I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 2:26 pm

Meh.
Back to top Go down
JaySet

PostSubject: Re: The Jet Set Radio Discussion Topic   The Jet Set Radio Discussion Topic I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 2:53 pm

I used to own the game when I was a kid. Got pretty obsessed with it too, used to have sketches of all the characters all over my journals. It fell off my radar for a few years till I found it again on this wonderful thing called the interwebz. I think I still got the disk somewhere but I have no way of playing if it even could be played.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Jet Set Radio Discussion Topic   The Jet Set Radio Discussion Topic I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Jet Set Radio Discussion Topic
Page 1 of 1